July 1, 2012- The High Price of God-Replacement (Psalm 115)
Idols are funny. A chunk of wood or a hunk of stone- with some hewing and chiseling- becomes the god of the man who fashioned it. The more work he puts into making his own god the stronger his allegiance to it. But in the end, says the psalmist, "Those who make them shall become like them."
We don't do chunk-of-wood-hunk-of-stone idolatry anymore. We're far too refined. But "people all around you" (read: "me, you, and the whole world) sting from paying the high price of God-replacement. This Sunday at Living Word the psalmist will help us praise our way out of idolatry.
Other Recorded Resources
- May 19, 2013- Flesh for Stone (part 1 of 2)- Ezekiel 11:14-21
- May 12, 2013- Unbroken Love for the Broken Soul (Lamentations 3:18-26)
- April 28, 2013- Loving Wisely, Loving Well (1 John 2:15-17)
- April 21, 2013- Shepherd of the Scattered Sheep (Jeremiah 23:1-8)
- April 14, 2013- God's Wonderful Plan (Jeremiah 29:10-14)